What is CloudCall Communicator?
Ideal for fast moving businesses that need a quick and cost-effective solution, CloudCall Communicator is an easy to install and easy to use software that will allow you to manage calls on your computer using your CloudCall account.
Thanks to Communicator, you no longer need a deskphone. You will be able to receive , make and transfer your calls. Once Communicator is installed, all you need is your headset and you are ready to go.
Not familiar with CloudCall yet?
Access all of these great features with CloudCall’s solution. Tailor the service to your needs and start enjoying the great benefits immediately.
You already have a CloudCall account?
Download Communicator, follow the installation guide, plug your headset and start making and receiving calls for no additional cost*!
How to install CloudCall Communicator on your desktop?
To get started with the new CloudCall Communicator softphone, download the installer and follow the installation guide. Please ensure that you have your CloudCall account number and service password to start using the new CloudCall Communicator. You may need to contact your administrator for these details.
Installing and Configuring CloudCall Communicator for Windows 7
Installing and configuring CloudCall Communicator for Windows 10
To get started with the new CloudCall Communicator softphone, download the installer and follow the instructions detailed in the installation guide. Please ensure that you have your CloudCall account number and service password to start using the new CloudCall Communicator. You may need to contact your administrator for these details.
Advanced configuration: Mass deployment for System Administrators
Please ensure that .Net 4.6.2 has been deployed on your network prior to installing/deploying CloudCall Communicator.
The MSI provided works with the switches /q /norestart when ran from an elevated command prompt.
Example: CloudCall_Communicator_Latest.msi /q /norestart
This will silently install the communicator with no user interaction.
The MSI installer can be deployed via Group Policy or as an application in SCCM. When deploying via Group Policy, it is important to put a checkmark in the “Ignore language when deploying this package” option under the Advanced Deployment options.
The required Firewall rules will need elevation to be set when the Softphone is run by a user for the first time. This can be avoided by setting the Firewall Rules via Group Policy first. Instructions can be seen below.
If your organisation disables Windows Firewall, this section can be ignored.
If your organisation does use the Windows Firewall, these Group Policy Settings must be applied or Communicator will try to apply them itself, which will require elevation.
- 1) Create a new GPO or edit an existing GPO for your firewall rules
- 2) Navigate to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Windows Firewall with Advanced Security -> Windows Firewall with Advanced Security -> Inbound Rules
- 3) Create a New Rule with the following settings:
- Choose Program
- Program Path: %ProgramFiles% (x86)\CloudCall\CloudCall Communicator\cloudcall_communicator.exe
- Allow the Connection
- Put a check mark in Domain, Private and Public
- Name the Rule “CloudCall Communicator”
- Click Finish
- Right Click the new rule and choose Properties
- On the Protocols and Ports Tab, Change the Protocol Type to TCP
- On the Advanced Tab change the Edge Traversal dropdown to Defer to User
- Repeat the above for the second rule, but change the Protocol Type to UDP
- 4) You should now have two CloudCall Communicator rules, one UDP and one TCP
- 5) Deploy the GPO as usual